Thursday, February 12, 2009

REAL SUCCESS 1

One day, several years ago, I was in deep meditation and prayers early in the morning when an inspired idea played out on my mind. In this mental drama, I saw that my wife met Dr David Oyedepo, the President of Covenant University and Presiding Bishop of the Living Faith Churches worldwide and he asked that I should see him the next day. All of this happened in my mind. And it was true I had wanted to see him.

Two days later, it happened exactly as I saw it in my mind. I have since spent many hours learning from Dr Oyedepo. The things I have learnt from him have strengthened my character and increased my success level in many areas.

What Dr Oyedepo has done to me I have committed myself to do to others. The greatest investments we can make in this life are the investments we make in people. When we think of success, we think primarily in terms of how much money, position, prestige, recognition and similar things we can get. But ultimately, it is more blessed to give than to receive. Douglas M. Lawson once said; “We exist temporarily through what we take, but we live forever through what we give.”

In the church where I pastor, I struggled for a few years to build a large congregation, until I realized it would be difficult to do it alone. Then I began to train people. Today, there are close to two thousand people trained to minister like I do, and the church is growing like I had dreamt it would.

Dear friend, don’t succeed alone. Take others along with you. When you help others to rise, you will never go down... Sam Adeyemi

No comments: